Tuesday, October 7, 2008

News: Rick Ross Says Here I Am, Admits His Past x Nas, Face, & Cube Rumored to Form a Trio x Lil Wayne Still Grindin'

Rick Ross Finally Admits he was a Correctional Officer

A couple of months ago, Rick Ross had the internet going nuts. Not over new music, over rumors about his past profession as an correctional officer. Images began to surface the net of him on the job and eventually turned into a huge photoshop joke. The Boss recently spoke with a magazine and admitted it was him in a photo when asked if it was him. In Ross' defense, he said "I never tried to hide my past. I put my name inside my cds. My company has my SS#. I could've put a company name... I done been up and I done been down and that's what makes me what I am. I never ratted on a nigga. I never prosecuted a nigga. I never locked up a nigga, that's first and foremost. I always felt that me being the nigga that I am, I never owed a nigga an explanation... When I'm making my music and I'm talking about blow, it's because I did it. When I say that I'm rich off cocaine, it's because i did it. Those are the street principals that apply."
He should've said that from the jump and sparred him the embarrassment. As I've said before, hip hop fans are forgiving and eventually they'll get over it. A lot of rappers get their cards pulled and are still relevant.
Click here to read the rest of the story

Scarface, Ice Cube, & Nas Rumored to Form Supergroup

Scarface's final album Emeritus is due out in December. Face stated that before he bows out the game he always dreamed of doing a collabo project with Nas, Cube, and himself. As soon as Ice Cube heard the word, he was hyped about bringing it to life. Here's what he had to say about it "I think the album would be crazy, lyrics would be sick, and Hip-Hop would love it. It’s just making that business happen, that’s the part that gets funky. I ain’t never turned down these kind of projects, they just don’t happen for whatever reasons. But I’m up for some s**t like this because I know we can make a dope record."
The only person who hasn't responded yet is Nas. It's a good chance that this will be official.
Click here to read the rest of the story



Lil' Wayne Preparing Tha Carter IV, Dedication 3 Mixtape, and T-Wayne Collabo

Hip Hop's hardest working artist is back in the lab preparing the fourth installment of Tha Carter series. In addition to the Carter series, he's also dropping the third disk of the highly popular mixtape series, The Dedication with Dj Drama. The "T-Wayne" project with Lil' Wayne & T-Pain was announced during the summer, and it is now in the works. T-Wayne has three or four untitled tracks that are already completed. Tha Carter IV and T-Wayne "He Rap, He Sang" will both be out in 2009.
Click here to read the rest of the story

No comments: