Thursday, August 21, 2008

News: The Game Mouths Off, Faith Gets Into The Books

The Game Talks Detox & Jay-z


The Game sat down recently with Complex Magazine and discussed beefing with Hova and a possible Detox appearance. Here's what he had to say about Jay "It would be a honor to beef with Jay-Z. That’s one of the reasons I try to bait him, but he won’t bite. I go hard. Jay-Z is a subliminal rapper, he uses his words and isolated you like that. I go hard straight from the jugular, with a knife and I’m cutting your throat and your going to bleed all over Manhattan when you beef with me."
The highly anticipated Detox is supposed to be released this Fall, and The Game also spoke on that. The Game states "I don’t really care about being on Detox. I don’t think Dre can finish the album without having me on it. I’m the West Coast– I am the west Coast." LAX will be in stores this Tuesday!

Faith Evans Makes a New Book Discussing 2pac & Notorious BIG

R&B singer Faith Evans is dropping an autobiography where not only does she talk about her life, she also talks about her encounters with the late 2pac and Big. As any hip hop head knows, she was a factor to the feud between Pac and Big, and 2pac blatantly speaks about how he had sex with Faith on the classic diss track "Hit 'Em Up". On Jay'z "Brooklyn's Finest", featuring Notorious BIG, Big says "If Fay' had twins, she'd probably have two-Pac's, get it?...Tu-Pac's". Faith decides to share her side of the story. Here is an excerpt from the book where she meets with 2pac:

"The situation with the money is like this," he. "If I give it to you, then you have to be my bitch."
"Your what," I said. I felt a chill go up my back.
"You heard me. You gotta be my bitch."
I got up and moved farther away from where he was standing.
"I'm not anybody's bi*ch," I said, trying to keep my voice even and steady.
"You Biggie's bitch."
Then later on, Faith says Tupac became angry after she asked for her money, cursing at her, before she stormed out of the room in tears:
"Look," I said. "You hired me to do a song. I did it. I want money and that's it."
"Oh word, it's like that? You just want your money?"
"You told me it wouldn't be a problem," I said. "The only reason why I came up here is because you said --"
"So you not trying to suck my dick?"
"What!" I screamed. "What are you talking about."


Some things are better off untold. Both artists are no longer with us to defend themselves. Keep The Faith: A Memoir is on bookshelves now.

No comments: